Work Package 3: Assessment against the LCE4ROADS methodology of road products and infrastructures
To elaborate a comprehensive assessment on most widely implemented road products and infrastructure against the methodology developed, including construction, maintenance, rehabilitation and operation engineering project, types of pavements, materials and their applications. This includes the following tasks:
- To evaluate against the methodology the different asphalt products for road infrastructure.
- To evaluate against the methodology the different cement-based materials for road infrastructure including the analysis of the behaviour of recycled aggregates in two fields:
- Bond mechanisms between recycled concrete and reinforcing and pre-stressing steel.
- Abrasion resistance when subjected to traffic loads.
- To evaluate against the methodology a road case study to illustrate the implementation of the LCE4ROADS for the construction, maintenance, rehabilitation and operation procedures for road infrastructures
- To evaluate the influence of the road products and infrastructures on the resilience to climate change and the traffic loads associated to the progressive implementation of freight corridors
- To preliminary quantify the benefits associated derived by the implementation of promising technologies for road infrastructures such as energy harvesting, drainage systems to reduce environmental impacts and advanced road route design.
- To define recommendations to achieve the best classification in the scope of the advanced EU Ecolabel developed for road products
- To define recommendations to achieve the best classification in the scope of the advanced EU Ecolabel developed for road infrastructures
- To develop a roadmap for the extension of the methodology to any kind of road infrastructure
Work Package Leader: